Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee has been established by colleges to provide a healthy atmosphere to the students of the colleges. St. Gregorios College Kottarakara has a well-constituted Sexual Harassment Protection Cell. It deals with issues relating to sexual harassment. sexual assault, rape, and other related crimes on girl students.
For this purpose, sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Verbal or physical threats.
- Insulting, Abusive, Embarrassing, Patronizing behavior or Comments.
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip, or Jokes.
- Humiliating, Intimidating, Demeaning and/or Persistent criticism, Open hostility.
- Suggestive comments or Body language.
- Isolation or Exclusion from normal work or study place.
- Publishing, Circulating or Displaying pornographic, Racist, Sexually suggestive or Otherwise offensive pictures or Other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, Ranging from an invasion of space to a serious assault (The above list is not intended to be exhaustive).
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee
- Unsavory remarks
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment
- Innuendos and taunts
- Gender-based insults or sexist remarks
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets, or sayings
- Forcible physical touch or molestation
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy
Structure of the Sexual Harassment Protection Cell.
- It is constituted of 5 members.
- The Principal is the chairperson.
- Other members include 4 senior teachers nominated by the Principal.
Lodging a complaint
Students can lodge a complaint either online or offline.
For online can use the link email@example.com
Alternatively, complaints can be submitted to the chairperson of the Sexual Harassment Protection Cell.
Format for a complaint
- It should be dated.
- The aggrieved student should mention his/her name in the complaint, and also the names of all those who include in the issue.
- The complaint should be clear enough to explain the issue.
- The complainant can quote their expecting solution
- The complaint should be endorsed by the complainant.
Guidelines for Grievance Redressing Cell members
- The Sexual Harassment Protection Cell email id is to be checked every week.
- The complaint should be solved within 15 working days after the acceptance of the complaint.
- The complaint should be kept confidential, until any legal requirement.
- The complainant should be protected from any sort of humiliation or intimidation because of filing the complaint.