The Parent Teachers Association has been functioning actively and effectively in the college. Meetings of the Association are convened regularly and matters concerning the discipline, welfare and academic progress of the students are discussed. The interaction between parents and teachers has helped considerably in improving the academic standard of the college. The PTA. has instituted a fund to award scholarships to students who score the highest marks in the University examinations and for the outstanding sportspersons from the college each year.
The purpose of the PTA is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of children attending St Gregorios College Educate Together and can work together for the best possible education and welfare of their children.
The Objectives Of The Parent Teacher Association in our college are:
- To represent the views of parents.
- To promote a positive view of parents through liaison with the Parent Representatives on the Board of Management.
- To develop a sense of partnership between interested parties.
- To inform parents about current changes in the education system, if need be.
- To work as a team and to have a yearly plan.
- To establish a forum through which parents can communicate their opinions and concerns regarding the college, identify issues, and possibly work towards a solution.
- To establish a forum through which parents and teachers can exchange information and research in relation to the education/welfare of children.
- To support parents, teachers, and students to ensure that all children are treated in accordance with the ethos of the college.
- To support teachers, and to work with them in delivering the curriculum.
- To elect a Committee and Sub-committees, e.g. Fundraising Committee, Ethics Committee.
- To ensure equal participation by all parents.
- To help plan and carry out a program of activities for the year, in consultation with the Principal and Board of Management, and to run activities that involve parents and children.
- To keep parents informed about activities planned for the college.
- To influence policy development at the college level.