Bhoomitrasena club is an initiative of Directorate of Environment & Climate Change under Department of Environment and Climate. Club conducts different activities to create among the students the awareness about the importance of protecting our nature & environment. The club promotes students in maintaining a clean and healthy campus by planting more trees, conducting seminars on topics related to current environmental problems and nature camps.
- To encourage the college students appreciate environment and environmental issues of the locality
- To provide environmental education opportunities for college students and involve them in addressing environmental issues of the locality
- To operate the enormous manpower available with college students as outlets for awareness of the society
- To make students practice sustainable lifestyles
- Organise awareness camps to propagate waste minimization, personal hygiene habits and sustainable life styles.
- Organize publicity to the programme to encourage more colleges and students to join BMCs
- Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drives both within and outside the college campus, practice paper recycling. cloth bag production etc.
- Organise seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the College.
- Field visits to local environmentally important sites including wetlands and reserve forests
Dr. Lekshmi GM Lincy Alex
BHOOMITRASENA CLUB REPORT 2018-19 Read More …
BHOOMITRASENA CLUB REPORT 2019-20